Bird In The Bush (1966)
I am often prompted by requests to "Do a restore" please so the choice of album is not in any special order, it might seem so, often doing one artists work leads to doing an associated album where that artist appears on that album, its purely random I assure you.
There is also no date ordering or Topic reference used to select an order, so this selection, again is purely on a whim that it might be a good idea to delve back a little into the previous decade, hence Bird in the Bush a collection of erotic folk songs from 1966. I guess at that time the World was awash with rock-n-Roll, the Beatles, the Stones etc, so this album probably got no recognition at the time, today it is still a classic.
I'm taking a short rest from the endless research, the scanning, the ripping, and hours of editing, to persue my other love.. (No Not you Gladys) but a bit of Jazz.
01. The Two Magicians (A.L. Lloyd)
02. The Old Man From Over the Sea (Frankie Armstrong)
03. The Wanton Seed (A.L. Lloyd)
04. Gathering Rushes in the Month of May (Anne Briggs)
05. The Bonny Black Hare (A.L. Lloyd)
06. The Whirly Whorl (Anne Briggs)
07. Pretty Polly (A.L. Lloyd)
08. The Old Bachelor (A.L. Lloyd)
09. The Stonecutter Boy (Anne Briggs)
10. The Mower (A.L. Lloyd)
11. The Bird in the Bush (Frankie Armstrong)
12. The Pegging Awl (A.L. Lloyd)
13. Martinmas Time (Anne Briggs)
14. The Widow of Westmoreland's Daughter (A.L. Lloyd)
A.L. Lloyd, Frankie Armstrong, Anne Briggs, vocals;
Dave Swarbrick, violin [1, 5, 8, 14];
Alf Edwards, concertina [8, 12, 14]
thanks to gonzo
for this one :)